I used to love weekend dinners… because I wasn’t pressured like most dinners we used to have… where I had to work… go to dance 💃 or baseball ⚾️ … then rush to get dinner on the table, and get kiddos fed, washed and in bed. But in times like these… I tend to slow down and try different things… because let’s face it… we have all the time in the world 🌎!
I can take my time – and start early ☀️ … even if the recipe is an easy one. And I love making sure I make enough for leftovers (to save for lunches). ❤️
(And *hint hint* if you make your own mozzarella with Bunkerhill’s awesome milk 🥛 … it can be the ultimate Farm to Table experience! 😉🤩) Here is a reboot of one of my recipes… featuring some awesome local goodies from Bunker Hill Creamery and Joint Venture Farm …. that you can Pre-Order pick up at the Canal Street Marketplace for this Thursday!
* 6 chicken breasts (cut into tenders)
* 1/4 Cup of Bunkerhill Milk
* 2 Large Eggs from Joint Venture Farm
* 2 Cups of Italian Panko Breadcrumbs
* Some fresh basil 🌿 (if you have it – we used our basil we grow indoors at home)
* 2 TBSP of Saratoga Olive Oil (for cooking)
* 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
* 1 package of Angel Hair pasta (or any pasta of your choice)
* Jar of marinara sauce
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* In 2 separate bowls – whisk 2 eggs with milk into one bowl…. and place breadcrumbs with fresh basil (chopped) into the other.
* Next, dredge your chicken in the egg mixture first, then the breadcrumb mixture… then set aside on a baking sheet until you coat all your tenders.
* Add olive oil to a skillet on medium to high heat… cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
* Put chicken into baking dish – add marinara sauce and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. And bake in oven to 18-20 minutes.
*While the chicken is baking – cook pasta as instructed on box and serve!